Thread: Honda S2K transmission rebuild

Honda S2K transmission rebuild

So...I need to get my 2005 S2000 trans rebuilt, only has 55k miles on it. There's a TSB on it and I'm having issues that suggest synchros on, so far, gears 1-5 (6th seems ok for now). Fisher in Boulder couldn't replicate an issue that I can seem to avoid-their best guess was a $3k+ job. 3R suggests opening it up, doing the TSB gear set swaps, and inspect the synchros at that time. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth buying a trans off ebay, having it rebuilt and then dropped in. Most ebay trans have 100k+ or unknown miles and issues. I'm looking for suggestions on shops, resources for JDM or remanufactured transmissions, or any other helpful advice. This is shaping up to be quite a costly and time intensive repair

If you're taking the trans out yourself, we've had very good luck with http://a1transmissionandparts.com/ - inexpensive, fast turnaround, they're good. They're not a "Honda" shop or "German" shop, they're a transmission shop, no fancy waiting room, more of a commercial type place. I've brought them German things - BMW and VW - and Ann's Toyota transaxle went there to get the LSD installed.

Two thumbs up, if I need anything transmission, I go there. They're awesome.

Down the street plug, while I'm at it -

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7936...7i13312!8i6656

drive shaft doctors. Awesome. I've been using them for 20+ years. They're good at BMW center joints, unbending Dodge truck yokes that idiots bend, everything I've thrown at them, and when things don't go 100% right, they make it right - like "meet me at my house in 45 minutes, we'll take care of it" right.

That general zone has good car mojo.

Iain

Great, thank you for the tips Iain!