AFE Intake
    Dinantronics Sport Tuner
    BMS Oil Catch can
    Rear spoiler installed.
    Wheel size increased to 18x8.5 front. 18x9.5 rear

What class am I in?

I missed the last event because I didn't get this lined up in time

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by pauldunlop13; 07-25-2017 at 08:14.

Assuming your Dinantronics Sport Tuner altered your ecu map and your spoiler is aftermarket, you would automatically be placed in Street Prepared (can't find what SP class your car is eligible for) or Street Modified.

As it sits either CSP (Catch-All) or SM as it is not specifically classified.

I am assuming your tune modifies boost tables which would bump you from STU. If you were able to revert back to either the stock tune or have a tune that doesn't adjust boost then STU would be the best fit for your car and is the direction I personally would take.

Having looked, I found it odd that non of the 2 series has been classed officially. I would also write the SEB and ask to specifically class the car.
    Team BlackOut

40 STU

Chief of Tech

You could always run the local class of OSP, the Pax isn't great but the rule book is easy. Until the SEB gets your car classed specifically.
    Matthew Brown
    COR Chief of Timing and Scoring

Spoiler is aftermarket

The Dinan tune does trick the boost into thinking it is up to 4 psi low (adjustable for 1/2/3/4)

I can easily disconnect it but:

I never really care much about where I place. I just enjoy the drive and try to get my personal lap times down

The RSX had just enough mods to bump me into a class that I could never compete in. So I got used to just going with it and having a good time. The mods are always for my enjoyment as it is a DD

So SM is what I should select. Thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it
    Last edited by pauldunlop13; 07-25-2017 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldunlop13 View Post
    Hi
    New car is
    2016 BMW 228 xDrive
    BMW Track handling Package
    Dinan Exhaust
    AFE Intake
    Dinantronics Sport Tuner
    BMS Oil Catch can
    Rear spoiler installed.
    Wheel size increased to 18x8.5 front. 18x9.5 rear
    Thanks in advance
    Assuming you still have the original wheels you might get dedicated solo tires for that set, so as not to tear up the nice tires on your wide wheels.

stock 228 Would likely go to DStreet as its a turbo 2.0 4cyl AWD.
    Following mods would also be legal for Street - (with assumptions)
    BMW track handling package - it is an oem port installed option that could have been ordered on the car.
    Dinan exhaust - it is a cat-back exhaust.
    BMS Oil Catch Can - assuming it doesn't defeat the EGV system, see the section 13 rules.
    The original wheels with dedicated autocross tires, like RE-71R. 245mm front and rear. you can run a 245 tire on a 7.5" or 8" wheel.
    Rear spoiler - if it is a "BMW performance Rear Spoiler" any port installed option it is legal for street.
    Dinan tune would need to removed for street class.
    oem air box is required.
    --------- the car might be competitive in DStreet, but you'd loose some fun bits.

AFE intake moves the car up to Street Touring
    Tune would need to be set so it does not modify boost from stock to be legal in STX

the WRX and 128 are in STX, so the 228 would probably get classed there.
    AFE Airbox is legal in STX
    STX AWD limits wheels to 8" wide,
    If you get dedicated solo tires for the original wheels, and can set the tune to no boost change , STX would be a good fit.

STU would allow the wider wheels, can you fit wider tires under the fenders 265 in the front and 315's in the rear?
    18x8.5 front. 18x9.5 rear those tires are very wide wheels would expect to fit 255/265front and 275-315 in the rear for wheels that wide.

---------------------------------------

if the spoiler is not OEM and it is a wing then bump to Street Mod
    if the spoiler is not Oem but is only a raised lip on the trunk then it would be legal in Street Prepared
    the tune would be legal in Street Prepared.

IF you want to have the most fun in SM or SP or OSP get a set of hoosier A7's for the original wheels. Hoosiers have more grip than the 200 TW tires required for street and street touring.

I run Dstreet its a fun class.

The Chiefs are working on a regional class for cars like yours. Basically cars with SM level mods but running on street tires (200TW and above) like street/street touring classes. It probably won't be fully defined until the winter series of this year or 2018. We're hoping it gives folks like yourself a place to play and help improve participation. Stay tuned ....
    Suraj Pradhan
    D Street
    What line?

FWIW, Street Touring specifically states that aero mods beyond want is specifically allowed is encouraged at the regional level. For all intents and purposes, this is an STU with modified boost tables (which should be allowed next year anyways).
    Team BlackOut

40 STU

Chief of Tech

Thanks. I just registered for this Sat using STU

Thanks to all for the breakdown of options