Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Standings

Season Standings

I just found out that our Season Standings are posted on Facebook. Can anyone tell me why they are on Facebook? They should be on our site and not on Facebook. Many people don't use Facebook for a reason and don't what their names posted on Facebook.

66 STR
    Team OddBall

Co-Chief Equipment Setup
    Safety Steward
    Site Acquisition Team
    Street Survival Coach

+1

Something that is in a work in progress. Once all the bugs have been smashed out of the system, it will look different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
    Something that is in a work in progress. Once all the bugs have been smashed out of the system, it will look different.
    Can you explain this statement? We have a working forum where it could be posted. We have a results page where it could be posted. We should NOT be posting results outside of rmsolo.org.

66 STR
    Team OddBall

Co-Chief Equipment Setup
    Safety Steward
    Site Acquisition Team
    Street Survival Coach

Thank you 66 STR...

Currently there is not a to upload directly to rmsolo.org, it requires sending to Randy then waiting for him to get results entered using whatever magic he uses for them to be uploaded here. The forums do not allow pdf's to be uploaded, however Facebook allows immediate posting and the posting of pdf's.
    So, during the time that the upload system is being built, and while season results system is also being built things will have to be done in a slightly different manner.
    Matthew Brown
    COR Chief of Timing and Scoring

I do appreciate getting the results almost immediately via Facebook.
    Brian Kelly
    25 ES
    2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

I have sent the standings to Randy and I am sure he will find a way to post them. As far as facebook postings, I post them there because as it currently stands, this is the easiest and farthest reaching forum. Once the database gets stood up, I am sure that will change. My apologies if my posting them there has upset you. If you are strongly against it, I will take that into consideration.

Mike

I am concerned about posting everyone's names on Facebook. It is always possible to post the results to a hosting site like Postimage.org and then link to them from our site. It is quick and easy to use and I can't imagine it being that much more difficult than Facebook. It would allow all of our members to see the standings, not just the people on Facebook.

66 STR
    Team OddBall

Co-Chief Equipment Setup
    Safety Steward
    Site Acquisition Team
    Street Survival Coach

I don't use facebook so do I have to join just to get standings?