Thread: Colorado tour 2017

Colorado tour 2017

With a little over 3 weeks left, which means a little over a week to make the 150 people deadline, we only have 34 people signed up. I know it's not fun paying 120 bucks 3 weeks prior to an event but the more people we have signed up, the more people that will sign up. I believe we can pull in drivers from other regions if we get to 150+ drivers. An early tour fell into our lap, it is now our job to keep it and make it a must attend event.

Sign up early, please. We want people from other regions to show up, but they aren't going to sign up if the event is at risk or sparsely attended. Would you?

Any ideas on how to get people to sign up? I put it off until today, so shame on me, but what's your excuse and is it a good one?

Mike

It's actually 120 entry minimum. We seem to have this discussion every year. I don't know exactly why National Events are a hard sell. They are TONS of fun! And, it's a point event! We (RMSolo) go to a lot of extra effort to make them special. It does seem like folks like to wait until the last minute to sign up.
    53 FSP
    RatHammer Motorsports
    How do you find a porcupine in the dark?

I called out a LOT of people on FB the last couple years to sign up, maybe someone else can do that this time. Yea i dont know why its hard to sell. Its to much fun. I dont think we will get a tour after this year especially if it gets cancelled.
    44 SSM
    Lucky Kitty Racing
    Chief of Tear Down COR

I agree but I do understand why people wait until the last min as most people my age seem to do that. I'm not like that but so many of my friends are that way. I agree it is a blast and I signed up when we first were able to

We're at 60 drivers now... still a long ways to go to hit 120: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....88B878D13D35B5

C'mon Colorado, what's the issue? Every summer (non-National Tour) RMsolo event has 120+ drivers, but people won't sign up for/attend a local event at the same lot you drive to a dozen times a year, one where you can claim up to $100 towards Hawk brake pads?

Even win two free Hoosier or BF Goodrich tires, or get actual money from Bridgestone, Mazda, or Mini? (just have to slap the required contingency sponsor stickers on your car, supplied for free at tech)

I understand if you think your racing budget doesn't allow for attending this event (I battle budget issues all season long too) but I'm saying, maybe you can skip a local/non-National event and not go out to dinner a couple times to afford attending *OUR* National Tour event...

See you there.

Last edited by EGbeater; 05-18-2017 at 11:48.

I've spread the word down here in NM to get people registered as well as finally doing it myself. Let's get 120+ entries and STR bigger than STU!

If someone is looking for a class filler and has a seat open I'm available to co-drive.
    Karl Tronnes

2006 Honda S2000
    2005 Saabaru 9-2x Aero